Collection of Personal Information
You can browse our sites without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information.
All personal data shall be provided by you voluntarily unless where it is indicated as mandatory. Where the personal data is mandatory to be provided, failure to provide such information may result in Company not being able to process your request.
In addition, we may also receive, store and process your Personal Data which are provided or made available by any third parties, credit reference bodies, regulatory and law enforcement authorities, for reasons including delivery of our products and/or services, performance of conditions of agreements and/or to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations. The following information may be collected and stored by us:
- email address, physical contact information, the date of birth and gender information, and (depending on the service used) sometimes financial information, such as credit card or bank account numbers;
- information from your interaction with our Website, services, content and advertising, including computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the Website, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- postage, billing and other information you provide to purchase or dispatch an item;
- community discussions, chats, dispute resolution, correspondence through our Website, and correspondence sent to us;
- transactional information based on your activities on the Website
- additional information we ask you to submit to authenticate yourself or if we believe you are violating site policies (for example, we may ask you to send us an ID or bill to verify your address, or to answer additional questions online to help verify your identity or ownership of an item you list);
- information from other companies, such as demographic and navigation data; and
- other supplemental information from third parties.
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalise our services, content and advertising. If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us or participate in our ad-customisation programmes, simply indicate your preferences in My Profile Setting.
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient and customised experience. You agree that we may use your personal information to:
- to communicate with you;
- to assess, process and provide products, services and/or facilities Provide the services and customer support you request;
- to administer and process any payments related to your commercial transactions with us, products, services and/or facilities requested by you;
- to establish your identity and background;
- to respond to your enquiries or complaints and resolve any issues and disputes which may arise;
- to provide you with information and/or updates on our products, services, upcoming promotions offered by us and/or events organised by us and selected third parties which may be of interest to you from time to time;
- to maintain and improve customer relationship;
- for direct marketing purposes including to send you targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers;
- to facilitate any events including contests, promotions or campaigns;
- to award points in a loyalty or rewards programme, if any or in the future;
- to maintain and update internal record keeping;
- for internal administrative purposes;
- to send you seasonal greetings messages from time to time;
- to send you invitation to join our events and promotions and product launch events;
- to monitor, review and improve our events and promotions, products and/or services;
- to conduct credit reference checks and establish your credit worthiness, where necessary;
- to resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- to process and analyse your Personal Data;
- to conduct market research or surveys, internal marketing analysis, customer profiling activities, analysis of customer patterns and choices, planning and statistical and trend analysis in relation to our products and/or services;
- to share any of your Personal Data with the auditor for our internal audit and reporting purposes;
- to share any of your Personal Data pursuant to any agreement or document which you have duly entered with us for purposes of seeking legal and/or financial advice and/or for purposes of commencing legal action;
- to share any of your Personal Data with our business partners, associates, contractors and/or subsidiaries to improve our services or launch marketing campaigns or to customise, measure and improve our services, content and advertising;
- for audit, risk management and security purposes;
- for detecting, investigating and preventing fraudulent, prohibited or illegal activities;
- for enabling us to perform our obligations and enforce our rights under any agreements or documents that we are a party to;
- to transfer or assign our rights, interests and obligations under any agreements entered into with us;
- for meeting any applicable legal or regulatory requirements and making disclosure under the requirements of any applicable law, regulation, direction, court order, by-law, guideline, circular or code applicable to us;
- to prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our User Agreement;
Consequences of Not Consenting to this Policy
The collection of your Personal Data by us may be mandatory or voluntary in nature depending on the Purposes for which your Personal Data is collected. Where it is obligatory for you to provide us with your Personal Data, and you fail or choose not to provide us with such data, or do not consent to the above or this Policy, we will not be able to provide products and/or services or otherwise deal with you.
We may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone’s rights, property, or safety. Such information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Share of Your Information
We will not peddle, rent, transfer or disclose any of your Personal Data to any third party without your consent. However, we may disclose your Personal Data to the following third parties, for one or more of the above Purposes:
- Third-party service providers under contract who help with our business operations: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links(including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, investigating frauds and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- your immediate family members and/or emergency contact person as may be notified to us from time to time;
- any person under a duty of confidentiality to which has undertaken to keep your Personal Data confidential which we have engaged to discharge our obligations to you;
- any party in relation to legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- our auditors, consultants, lawyers, accountants or other financial or professional advisers appointed in connection with our business on a strictly confidential basis, appointed by us to provide services to us;
- any party nominated or appointed by us either solely or jointly with other service providers, for purpose of establishing and maintaining a common database where we have a legitimate common interest;
- data centres and/or servers located within or outside Malaysia for data storage purposes;
- payment channels including but not limited to financial institutions for purpose of assessing, verifying, effectuating and facilitating payment of any amount due to us in connection with your purchase of our sellers’ products and/or services;
- Law enforcement or other governmental officials, courts, tribunals, regulatory bodies, industry regulators, ministries, and/or statutory agencies or bodies, offices or municipality in any jurisdiction, if required or authorised to do so, to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, order or judgment of a court or tribunal or queries from the relevant authorities or in response to a request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity. In such events, we will disclose any information relevant to the investigation, including your name, city, postal code, telephone number, email address, User ID history, IP address, fraud complaints, and purchasing and listing history;
- Third parties giving promotional offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups our users on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. If you do not want to receive such offers, please change your preference in My Profile Setting.
- our business partners, successors in title third party product and/or service providers, suppliers, vendors, contractors or agents, that provide related products and/or services in connection with our business, or discharge or perform one or more of the above Purposes and other purposes required to operate and maintain our business;
- Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service);
- financial institutions, merchants and credit card organisations in connection with your commercial transactions with us;
- Brand Protection Programme participants under confidentiality agreement, as we in our sole discretion believe necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringement, piracy, or other unlawful activity;
- the general public when you become a winner in a contest by publishing your name, photographs and other Personal Data without compensation for advertising and publicity purposes;
- in the event of a potential, proposed or actual sale/disposal of any of our business or interest, merger, acquisition, consolidation, re-organisation, funding exercise or asset sale relating to us, or in the event of winding-up (“Transaction”), your Personal Data may be required to be disclosed or transferred to a third party as a result of, or in connection with, the Transactions. You hereby acknowledge that such disclosure and transfer may occur and permit us to disclose and transfer your Personal Data to such third party and its advisers/representatives; and/or
- any other person reasonably requiring the same in order for us to operate and maintain our business or carry out the activities set out in the Purposes; and
- Other business entities, should we plan to merge with or be acquired by that business entity.
Using Information from this Website
We enable Sellers to share personal information to complete transactions. When Users are involved in a transaction, they may have access to each other’s name, user ID, email address and other contact and postage information. In all cases, Seller must comply with data protection laws, and give other users a chance to remove themselves from Seller’s database and a chance to review what information Seller have collected about them.
Sellers agree to use user information only for:
- fulfilment of the transaction through this website and purposes related to the transaction;
- using services offered through this website (e.g. escrow, postage and fraud complaints); or
- other purposes that a user expressly chooses.
Accuracy of Your Personal Data
We aim to keep all Personal Data as accurate, complete, not misleading, up-to-date and reliable as possible. Therefore, the accuracy of your Personal Data depends to a large extent on the information you provide. As such, it is a condition of us providing the products, services and/or facilities to you that you:
- warrant and declare that all your Personal Data submitted or to be submitted to us are accurate, not misleading and complete in all respects for purposes of acquiring or using the relevant products, services and/or facilities, and you have not withheld any Personal Data which may be material in any respect and that we are authorised to assume the accuracy of the Personal Data given by you when processing such Personal Data); and
- promptly update us as and when such Personal Data provided earlier to us becomes inaccurate, incomplete, misleading, outdated or changes in any way whatsoever by contacting us at the contact details below.
Subject to the exceptions provided under the PDPA, you have the right to request for access to, request for a copy of, request to update or correct, your Personal Data held by us. We may charge a small fee (such amount as permitted by the PDPA) to cover the administration costs involved in processing your request to access your Personal Data.
In respect of your right to access and/or correct your Personal Data, we have the right to refuse your request to access and/or correct your Personal Data for the reasons permitted under the law, such as where the expense of providing access to you is disproportionate to the risks to your privacy, or where the rights of others may also be violated, amongst other reasons.
You have the right at any time to request us to limit the processing and use of your Personal Data.
In addition, you also have the right, by notice in writing, to inform us on your withdrawal (in full or in part) of your consent given previously to us subject to any applicable legal restrictions, contractual conditions and a reasonable duration of time for the withdrawal of consent to be effected. However, your withdrawal of consent could result in certain legal consequences arising from such withdrawal. In this regard, depending on the extent of your withdrawal of consent for us to process your Personal Data, it may mean that we will not be able to continue with your existing relationship with us or the contract that you have with us will have to be terminated.
Retention of Your Personal Data
Any of your Personal Data provided to us is retained for as long as the purposes for which the Personal Data was collected continues; your Personal Data is then destroyed from our records and system in accordance with our retention policy in the event your Personal Data is no longer required for the said purposes unless its further retention is required to satisfy a longer retention period to meet our operational, legal, regulatory, tax or accounting requirements.
We use “cookies” (small files placed on your hard drive) on certain of our pages to help analyse our web page flow; customise our services, content and advertising; measure promotional effectiveness, and promote trust and safety. The cookie is a small piece of information stored on the hard drive of your computer or device for record-keeping purposes, and is used by us to track your visits to the Site. Cookies may be used to save your preferences for your ease and convenience when using the Site. Third party advertising networks may issue their separate cookies to your hard drive when serving advertisements. Importantly:
- Most cookies are “session cookies,” meaning that they are automatically deleted from your hard drive at the end of a session.
- You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may affect with your use of some of our sites or services.
If any part of the Site links you to other websites, those websites do not operate under this Policy and we do not accept any responsibility or liability arising from those websites or of any subscription to an application, content or a product from our sellers and you subsequently provide your Personal Data directly to that third party, that Personal Data will be subject to that third party’s privacy/personal data protection policy (if they have such a policy) and not to this Policy. Please read and understand the privacy/personal data protection statement/policy posted on those websites to understand their procedures before submitting your Personal Data to those websites.
Your password is the key to your account. Use unique numbers and letters and do not disclose your password to anyone. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify us and change your password.
We will never ask for your password by phone or e-mail, please report to our customer service at email@example.com shall you face such incident.
To protect your personal information or communication from being disclosed to others, you should log out and close the web browser after using our Website from a shared computer or a computer in public area.
Accessing, Reviewing, Changing and Retaining Your Personal Information
You can see, review and change most of your personal information by signing on to the Website. You must promptly update your personal information if it changes or becomes inaccurate. Upon your request to the customer service, we will close your account and remove your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable law. We do retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our User Agreement, and take other actions otherwise permitted by law. Otherwise, your personal information will be destroyed by us once we confirm there is no use for it.
Your information is stored on our servers located in Malaysia. We have provided avenues (encryption, passwords, physical security, etc.) to protect your personal information against unauthorised access and disclosure. However, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the site. Therefore, the Company shall not be held liable for any losses whatsoever or howsoever caused arising directly or indirectly.
Except as otherwise expressly included in this Policy, this document addresses only the use and disclosure of information we collect from you. Our policy shall not apply if you disclose your information to third parties on our Website or other sites throughout the Internet.
Personal Data Protection Officer
Customer Relations Department
C.I.S INTEGRATED SDN BHD (1222884-A)